In preparation for possible snow and knowing how excitable we are about it in Plymouth, due to seeing it incredibly rarely, I thought I would remind everyone of the procedures. However, I am aware that it would be freak weather to get some of the white stuff falling out of the sky!
If we did need to close the school for any reason a closure assessment is made on:
- The safety and accessibility of the site and surrounding area.
- The availability of heat, light, power and water.
- Availability of staff.
- Availability of meals.
Communication of decisions
Parents are asked not to call the media as this may impede communication between schools and the radio stations.
- In the event that weather conditions deteriorate overnight, the Head Teacher will liaise with their caretaker to check the conditions against the closure assessment criteria.
- If the school is closed, if possible an email or text will be sent out to all parents. It will be shared on the schools Facebook page and school website.
- Due to protocol the Plymouth education team, communication team, school transport, CATERed (school Meals) and Heart. Devon, Plymouth and Cornwall radio will be contacted to ensure that this information can be transmitted to listeners.
- However, if the school needs to be closed during the school day parents will be informed by text/email to collect their children from school. We would ask that you don’t contact the school as this may impede communication to all parents.