First Federation Trust
All children are required to wear school uniform to encourage pride in the school and to develop a sense of belonging to the school community. We believe that the wearing of uniform encourages the children to set a good example both in school, travelling to and from school and when off site on visits and activities. All school uniform can be purchased from https://myclothing.com/ or The School Wear shop in town. We have worked really hard to get the best deal possible for our parents to keep costs down.
There is also a outlet in town called the Uniform Store Plymouth, where families on a low-income can go and get second hand uniform for free. The shop is open 3 days a week throughout the year. Visit them at http://www.uniformstoreplymouth.co.uk/ or 93 New George Street, PL1 4RW for more information.
· Royal blue sweatshirts or cardigans with the school logo and white polo shirts (available from retailers stated above)
· Grey or black trousers or skirts should be worn (available from any clothing stockist)
· All children need a coloured plain t-shirt relating to their house colour and blue shorts for PE with plimsolls or trainers for outdoor use. They may have plain black jogging bottoms or plain black leggings for use outside in colder weather. Children may also wear their school jumper or a plain, black, hooded sweatshirt for outdoor PE. (available from any clothing stockist)
· All children need a school book bag (available from retailers stated above)
· During the summer term pupils may wear light blue school uniform style summer dresses (available from any clothing stockist)
Please ensure that all items are clearly marked with your child’s name.
All children should wear plain, black, sturdy outdoor shoes or all black trainers suitable for moving around the school site safely. Boots, slip on shoes, fashion shoes, high heels, platform soles and flip-flops are not appropriate or acceptable. Make up, nail varnish, hair gel, a shaved head and dyed hair are not permitted. Hair which is long enough to be tied back must be securely tied back every day. Earrings must be small studs. Children are required to remove earrings for PE lessons, due to the health and safety risks that they pose. If your child is unable to remove their earrings for any reason, they will not be able to participate in the active part of the lesson and instead will be given a marshalling role. It is therefore advised that ears are pierced at the beginning of the summer holidays to give them plenty of time to heal.
Bethlehem Monday & Friday
Eden Monday & Wednesday
Jericho Tuesday & Thursday
Babylon Tuesday & Thursday
Children are to wear their PE kit into school on PE days (as stated above). We hope that this will mean that children will have their PE kit for PE and also that there will be no misplaced PE or school clothes. House Teams as mentioned above are Chard/Drake/Grenville/Scott.